Treat Yourself or Your Loved One to a Massage in Coral Springs for the Holiday Season
Have you ever had a therapeutic massage? It can be a wonderful healing experience. This age-old practice of natural pain relief has many benefits and has been around for thousands of years. Massage therapy is also a wonderful way to relax your mind body and soul. Massage therapy considers the whole person encompassing your physical, mental, and emotional sides. Simply stated, how you feel on the inside can directly affect your body on the outside. This type of therapy is practiced worldwide, and young and old people are finding that they too, can reap its benefits. From sports-related injuries to everyday aches and pains, a massage can do wonders to help the body heal naturally, keep reading to learn more!
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Helps with anxiety. Human touch can be an immediate source of soothing comfort. In combination with essential oils that aid with sleep and increase blood circulation, massage therapy has been proven to soothe anxiety and stress by treating emotional imbalances in the body.
- Improves circulation. Massage therapy helps loosen sore muscles, improves blood flow for better circulation to maintain heart health, and prevents stroke risk. When circulation is optimal and muscles are relaxed, aches and pains seem to melt away.
- Removes harmful toxins from your lymphatic system. Massage therapy aids in removing toxins from the body. It provides relief from symptoms that include fatigue, muscle pain, and headaches.
- Helps with insomnia. Massage therapy triggers serotonin, a neurotransmitter that induces calm feelings. When your body is relaxed, you’ll sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed the next morning.
- Helps with depression. Massage therapy releases endorphins, “the feel-good hormones” that help alleviate depression, boost energy, and enhance your mood.
- Helps boost your immune system. Massage therapy has been shown to improve health and overall wellbeing by recharging the body’s natural defense system.
- Alleviates headache pain. Massage therapy can help with tension headaches lessening your pain’s severity and frequency. Regular massage therapy alleviates the frequency of chronic headaches by reducing the tightness in your muscles. When muscle tension is reduced, there is less pressure on the nerves and blood vessels that supply them causing you less pain.
Here’s What You Should Know
Massage therapy sessions may last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour so be prepared to decide which time frame best suits your schedule. It is best to consult with your massage therapist to express concerns about any pain you are having or to discuss any specific areas you would like to work on. Typically, a massage therapist begins with a patient lying comfortably on a massage table in either loose-fitting clothing or undressed (covered by a sheet). The massage therapist then begins the massage using essential oils or lotions to reduce friction on the skin. Once your massage therapist has a clearer understanding of your needs, a treatment plan can be customized just for you and you can schedule your first appointment.
Get in Touch Today
Your journey towards total health and wellbeing begins now, and once you book a massage at Coastal Wellness Centers, you’ll be on your way to renewed health. At Coastal Wellness Centers, we also offer a traditional Chinese Healing Hands Massage by RenTui Na. This massage focuses on energizing meridians and acupoints to restore your energy flow and balance your body.
Come in today to enjoy a relaxing therapeutic or traditional Chinese massage in our Coral Springs center. Our goal is to help you rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. If you would like to know more about our chiropractic, physical therapy, and spa services, call us today at (954) 752-2950 to schedule a free consultation. You can speak with one of our experienced chiropractors or massage therapists to discuss any concerns or answer any questions.